Naturally Occurring Sweetener...with advantages!!
Xylitol is a naturally occurring sugar substitute found in many fruits and vegetables. It is as sweet as table sugar, yet xylitol contains fewer calories and carbohydrates, and has a much lower glycemic index. Unlike some artificial sugar substitutes, xylitol has been used safely by children and adults worldwide for several decades. Xylitol inhibits caries causing bacteria's ability to adhere to teeth and tissues of the mouth, nose and throat. Years of further clinical research confirms that using xylitol regularly helps reduce dental plaque and promotes better oral health. Xylitol has a cariostatic effect, is non-fermentable, and cannot be metabolized to harmful plaque acids. Other studies have indicated that xylitol usage reduces incidents of chronic ear infections, and health care products containing xylitol can protect nasal passages and sinuses by washing away bacteria, pollutants, pollens and other irritants.
It has been demonstrated conclusively that tooth decay can be stopped cold by a simple change in diet. Here is how it works:
Simply remove all the sugar in your diet and replace it with xylitol. Does this sound impossible? In the strict sense, it is impossible. There are many natural food items which contain at least some sugar.
But in practical terms, this experiment was conducted in Finland in the early 1970’s. At that time several natural sweeteners were being considered as substitutes for sugar. The most promising of these was xylitol, because xylitol provides the same taste as sugar with reduced calories. Xylitol could be produced from locally available birch wood by the Finnish sugar company. Preliminary tests also showed that xylitol is completely safe for teeth.
When a sugarless chewing gum sweetened with 100% xylitol is chewed consistently 3-5 times a day on a daily basis for 5-10 minutes each time research shows that:
- Cavities can be prevented by as much as 80 percent
- The ability of cavity-causing, plaque-forming bacteria to produce acids and stick to teeth, gums, or tongue is significantly inhibited.
- Less Plaque is formed greatly enhancing general oral health.
- Early cavity formation can actually be reversed.
- Chewing gum is the most effective way to deliver the benefits of xylitol.
- Xylitol is diabetic and hypoglycemic friendly.
(2.4cal./gram) (Glycemic index of 7)
- Ear infections can be reduced by up to 40 percent.
- Mothers can significantly reduce cavities in their children by consistently chewing gum sweetened with 100% xylitol before and after giving birth.
- Unattractive tooth scarring and puffy gums that can often occur during orthodontic treatment can be minimized or prevented.
Whiter teeth and fresher breath may be additional benefits.
Preventing cavities saves money!
Isn’t it amazing that something this simple, safe, and enjoyable, can be so
beneficial and is supported by over 25 years of quality research?
We now have both gum and lollipops sweetened with xylitol!! Stop by for a sample
or you could also check out these web sites and our links page for more information!!